welcome

Friday, February 13, 2009

Our New Kitty

I was reading KSL news this morning, (as I do almost every morning) when a story caught my eye. The story was about two horrible people that threw a pregnant nearly starving to death cat out of their truck going 30 mph. I was appauled. I continued to read that a woman stopped and picked the pregnant cat up, and two days later delivered 4 adorable kittens. Well, we have been wanting a 3rd to balance our 2 crazy cats, and wanted a female, so Belle wouldn't feel so threatened. Anywho, there was a contact name at the end of the article, and I called the woman. I said I would be interested in a female if she had one. The crazy thing is, she said that cat had only one female, and so far nobody wanted her. I felt it was a sign that she needed to be in our lives, so in about 6 1/2 weeks, we'll be taking her home. The momma cat is going to a good home, and to keep the memories of this story alive, we are naming her after her momma. "Mira Bindi" They named the momma Bindi because of a red dot on her forehead, and Mira for miracle (that was Alvaro's vote). I'm really excited, but through my excitement, I forgot to ask her which one was ours. So, I don't know, and really I don't care. I'm just so excited! If you want to see the pictures of the cutenesses or just read the whole story, the link is below.



http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5582089

8 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

What a sweet story! And more sweet that you get to adopt one! I'm sure the new cat will love its new home!

Stephanie said...

Yahoo for you! Just in time to be in your new home, too!

Jena said...

Umm, so I really don't even like cats, but those kittens are just so cute! Way to be so cute yourself!

Mandee Lue said...

People who do terrible terrible things like that just make me SICK!! Seriously, is it THAT hard to drop the cat off at a shelter?? Holy crap that is appalling!! I'm so glad to get to help them out though! Enjoy your new home and your sweet new addition!

Brittany said...

Tiffanie -- that is awesome! Well, not awesome about the poor cat being thrown out of a truck, but awesome that you are adopting one of the kittens. Brian won't budge on letting me get even one cat!

Tiffanie said...

I think Alvaro is as baby hungry as I am and that's the only reason I get her. Plus, the story is so good, he'd sound like a putz if he didn't let me. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!

The Clarks said...

What a great way to end a horrible story. Your kitty is so lucky to get to be added to your family!

Kenzalina Ballerina said...

Congratulations on the new cat!!:)