welcome

Monday, December 29, 2008

FINALLY A DIAGNOSIS!

As many of you may know, I have been sick a lot in my life. With this fun life I've been given a ton of different diagnosis. I never felt they were correct, because the symptoms didn't coincide with everything the diagnosis says I should be. I also have been given at any given time at least 5 medications to help subside the pain. I have stayed/visited in 10 hospitals in the last 5 1/2 years, and have been hospitalized at least once a year for the last few years for more than a day or two. SOOOO- with all that being said, I went to my Doctor's appt. I immediately know I was suppose to be there (she's our new primary). She came in and talked with me for over an hour about my symptoms and what not. Then FINALLY the moment I have waited for for way to long happened in just minutes. She poked and prodded to make sure, then let me know, I have Fibromyalgia.

I consider this a huge blessing! Not because I am excited to know I'll be in pain for the rest of my life, but I KNOW WHAT'S FINALLY WRONG!!!!!!!! I feel so grateful to know that I was able to meet my Doctor, and that she cared as much as she did. She kept saying, "I still just can't figure out why any of the other Doctor's you've seen haven't put this together." See, I can check off almost every symptom this condition has.

I am going to start incorporating some of my experiences in this blog, just be forewarned! I am not doing this for sympathy marks by ANY means, but I was told to talk about it, so I don't have stress. I think that's funny that I'm not allowed to be stressed anymore. . . we'll see how that goes!

Stephanie was one of the first people I told and she immediately found support groups online, and locally, as well as a lot of informative websites. But, if you want to know more about this rare and unusual condition I will provide a few below. I need a name for it, if anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Okay, so one more quick but EXCITING thing. I have been a victim advocate for Sandy City's PD for almost 2 years now, and have always been too chicken to apply for the Coordinator position. But this time I did. I was given a phone call that they wanted me to take a test and go from there. So, I did that and received one of the top ten highest scores. This now means I can go to the next step and interview. I am really excited and wouldn't be upset if you had me in your prayers and/or thoughts tomorrow. Okay, I'm done!

SORRY THIS IS SO DARN LONG!

www.fmnetnews.com

http://www.fibrocenter.com/content/about.jsp?source=google&HBX_PK=s_fibromyalgia&HBX_OU=50&o=25229704|193636897|0

6 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Clarks said...

congratulations!!! It sounds kinda funny to say that since you now have a 'toodles' but I can only imagine the relief you have in finally putting a name to your pain!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you got a diagnosis--Ernie has two sisters who have fibromyalgia--They thought I had it at one point, but I don't have any symptoms anymore. That is such a blessing for you to know what is wrong! I am praying you get that job too!!!!

Miss Megan said...

Wow, it's got to be nice to know what the illness and possible treatments are -- I'm so glad! It's a step in the right direction :o) I'll continue to keep you in my prayers, my friend.

AJ Candrian said...

My roommate in Washington state had fibromyalgia (I totally spelled that wrong). So, I know ALL about this thing. You'll be just fine. Also, it was SOOO fun seeing you the other night!!! I need to come home more so we can hang out more often.

The 2 B's said...

Yay-I love that your goal was to sing with Z. Good job I'm very proud!!! Brandon and I just love you guys and had so much fun last night.