welcome

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Count Down

Only 6 1/2 more hours till the date of my birth. Oh what a year it has been! So much has happened, and I can honestly say I'm glad to be rid of the 27. 28 isn't a lot different I'm sure, but I'm going to say it will be the BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE up to this point. So in honor of the best year to date I have decided to write down 28 hopes/wants/goals that I have for this new year of my life.

1. To be in our first home (at least a home that we can ACTUALLY live in. I love our house in Chile, but let's face it, it needs to sell)

2. I want this year to be the year of a baby for the Zilleruelo Family. I don't care if I birth it, someone else births it, or it's baked in a jar, I WANT OUR BABY!

3. Get a promotion. With all the added stress I've had over my job lately. . . I would love to see myself in the Marketing Department.

4. See ALL of my siblings and their own. I don't see my family nearly as much as I would like to, so I'm hoping for that.

5. Visit our family in Miami and Chile. Do I really need to say anything more about that?

6. Get 100% out of debt. At the rate we're going, it WILL happen! YEAH!

7. Get my ugly tattoo removed. I know it's a surprise to most, but that thing was SUCH a mistake! Not to mention, UGLY!

8. Sing with Alvaro somewhere.

9. Lose another 2 dress sizes. I don't care if I can't be a size 6 or smaller, I'm a curvaceous woman, and I like it. I just like it a little more when I don't cringe in the mirror.

10. Have confidence enough to wear a swimsuit in public. The last time this rarity happened I was in High School, and it wasn't really in public, it was at the swimming pool in Bumbleberry.

11. Grow my hair out. I am addicted to changing my hair and I'm kind a sick of it.

12. Go all natural! Well. . . at least with my hair color. Again... I need to chill a bit, before I end up bald.

13. Throw a party. We love to be around our friends and family, and we need to actually invite ya'll over. At lease after #1 happens.

14. See my friends back east. I would love to see Andrea and Brittany out there. I've known them since I was 4! I owe them that much. And with that also add, visit Jacksonville, I miss my friends there so badly. I need to see my Alex and Vick!

15. Paint a mural with Amy H. She is such a talent, and it would WAY FUN!

16. Audition for at least one musical. I love acting, and I just lost confidence throughout the years.

17. Ski SUCCESSFULLY down a diamond. Successfully meaning, not to inches at a time.

18. Get more organized.

19. Buy at least 10 of my favorite movies I always talk about getting.

20. Read Wicked. I am becoming a tad bit obsessed with the music.

21. See Wicked.

22. Do something amazing! I'm leaving that one open for chance.

23. Learn how to make torta mil hojas. The thousand layer cake Alvie loves.

24. Be more artsy.

25. Be more kind to myself.

26. Build stronger relationships with my nieces and nephews. They are so amazing. And I love each one of them more than they could know.

27. Buy a better camera and use it often.

28. Not have to work full time out of the house. I know this contradicts #3, but I want to be a full time Mom/Wife. It's my life's ambition.

13 comments:

The Clarks said...

Great goals ~ it is always nice to know what you want and then go after it.

I never knew you had a tattoo...

Miss Megan said...

Oh, see that? You just had to one-up my "what I've accomplished list" with a "what I'm going to accomplish list"! I am really excited to discover the wonderful things that happen for you this year. Good luck, and Happy Birthday, Tiff!

p.s. The book and the musical Wicked don't have much in common. I really, really hated the book and don't recommend you read it. The musical is, of course, amazing.

Chatty Family said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day.

PS- I agree with "Miss Megan" about WICKED.

Anonymous said...

My HR teacher always says that "A goal not written is only a wish". I'm glad that you wrote down some goals, because now you can consentrate on doing them and not just wishing they would happen!

AMY and steven said...

Happy Birthday

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

Those are some serious goals!! I should write down my goals for the next year too. Although I know there is no way I could do all of that in one year! Thats pretty ambitious...you are way better than me. Anyways, Happy Birthday!! I didn't realize you and Kurt were so close in age. He'll be 28 in April!

Stephanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Tiffanie Dear! Happy days will come to you all year! If I had a wish, than it would be: a happy happy Birthday to you from me!

T- you are an amazing woman, and I love you so much! I hope that you have a fabulous Birthday!

Tiffanie said...

Goll you guys are so sweet! Thank you for all the sweet comments!

Brittany said...

Oh Tiffanie, I am so sorry I have to wish you a happy BELATED birthday! I feel like a horrible friend! I was actually thinking of you yesterday and how I need to make it a priority to see you at Christmas time! I will definitely be giving you a call! I also hope your 28th year is your best year ever. We'll have to do something fun together our 28th year!

AJ Candrian said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFF!!!!! Can I take you out for lunch when I'm home? We can celebrate year 28!!!!! Wow, how did we get this old? CRAZY!

Jena said...

happy birthday! {late} Love you, my gorgeous cuz.

Tiffanie said...

Thanks you guys! I sure feel the love! Brittany- - get a blog already! Andrea, fo shizzle my nizzle! and Jena miss you and love you too cuz!

Anonymous said...

Hey we should definitely paint a mural together! Maybe in your 'new house' that you are going to get very soon!! I love your list! I need to make one now--you have inspired me. I need to set more goals!