I noticed the young couple and their realtor go inside, but I didn't observe and obsess over their every move. I sat on the grass, played some games on my phone, and just... RELAXED! What a weird concept, right?
After quite a bit of time passed, I thought they were in the house for longer than the average person, and just then, they came walking out... no it was more like the realtor and the man walked out as the woman jumped and skipped out! That did catch my attention, but I tried not to get excited. Then I thought I heard the man say, "well, I think we are ready to make an offer". I could not even believe it, so I texted my husband and told him not to get his hopes up, because I may have just heard it incorrectly.
The couple then walked behind the house with the realtor and again, took their sweet ole time. Then came up to the front of the house and before re-entrance... the realtor said "you'll have to invite me over when you move in"! Okay, so at this point, I'm now feeling excited but not allowing it to come out to the surface. All the while, I'm texting the play by play to Alvaro. They are in the house forever (okay, like 20 minutes) and finally walk out, and leave.
I then text my realtor, letting her know what just happened, but that I'm not getting my hopes up. It took about 4 hours, then we got the offer!!!!!! Cash! And they wanted us out the next week! Excitement and panic coexisted as I was super excited for the sale, and super nervous about the moving part.
Fortunately, Alvaro and I were seeing our favorite band play the following Monday, so he had bought a plane ticket for that Saturday. Somehow we managed to get the whole house packed into one storage unit, and friends are taking Xanadu and Murphy, and I have Belle with me, here, at my parent's home.
Oh! And I forgot to mention... we found our home the the Thursday he was here. All that in one week! We close on our house the 18th, and that's that.
I let go of the stress, and just let things happen, and look at that... IT HAPPENED!!!!!!! And in a B I G way! We have been blessed and I feel humbled and so grateful.
Now... if only I can finish up my design ideas for our new home.

No comments:
Post a Comment