So, I have started my journey with a Chronic Pain Specialist named Dr. King. I knew he was the right Doctor for me as soon as I met him. I have seen more Dr.s than the avereage human being does in their lifetime. Anywho, I'm just saying, I know a good one from a bad one from the moment I meet them. So, he actually listened to all of my concerns, and gave me a game plan (first time that has happened, I usually get, yeah, um, the FDA only has 2 medications for Fibromyalgia, so . . . oh. . . you already tried them and failed? Okay, well, in that case, I can't help you) so, this was music to my ears.
So, two weeks ago, I went to my first part of the game plan, X-Ray my shoulders, back, and hips. Then, yesterday, I got to "enjoy" the wonderful EMG. It's like an EKG but instead of testing the heart, it tests your nerves. Oh yeah, and EKG don't hurt.
The first part of the test included a cool machine that really was just a laptop... and some wires and weird looking machines. So, he started with one nerve in my arm, by shocking it, yep... I can tell you're jealous now. As soon as he shocked it 3 times to make sure the test had a true reading, he said, "well, Tiffanie, you definately aren't making this up". As stupid as it sounds, I was so thankful to hear those words from him. I've had too many people not believe me that I had weird pains all the time.
Anywho, the second part of the test was a needle with an electroid on the end of it. So, he starts poking me with this lovely needle, (I know, you're jealous again aren't you?), so, after my arms he went to my back, yeah, not fun.
Thirdly, I can't even remember what he did, but there was third part.
So, I have a check-up appointment in 2 weeks and we'll find out exactly what's going on. Anywho, I'm not sure if anyone reads this anymore, but, you know, it makes life a little easier to deal with all of this.
And thanks again Jena, I will be saving up to get one of those adorable canes. I think for now, I'm going to be buying an "emergencies only" and Steph said she'll help decorate it for me.
Thank you all who have been keeping me positive, and supporting me through this very interesting time in my life. You don't know what it means for me, but I wish someday I can repay you all for you thoughts and prayers.
9 comments:
sorry your in such pain hon :( Hopefully the tests will help you get to the point where your doing better.
Tiff! I always enjoy your updates. Your such a strong woman, you are so courageous to keep at it! It makes me feel stronger and more determined to work through my own health struggles and dumn doctor experiences.
I'm so glad that Dr. King is helping you out and that you have a game plan. I hope all goes well and he can find you some relief!
Keep it up woman!
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. At least now you have a medical professional on your side and hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!
It's so nice to know you're getting answers! We're gonna have a rocking great time making bling for it!
Hooray for people who listen, believe and help! I'm so happy you've found a doctor!!! You and Steph are super creative so you'll have a cute one, that's for sure :) Loves
WOW! Thanks to all of you! I feel so blessed to know my family loves me and supports me. Thanks you guys!
Tiff -- sorry for the delayed response to your email/comment on my blog. I've been out of town for awhile without constant access to email! Anyway, yes, I am going to be a mother (SCARY!). I'm due in November. Crazy, I know!
Oh, I feel so self-centered. I am so sorry about all your pain! I wish I could do something to help but I'm glad to know you have found a doctor that is willing to work with you and figure this all out! You're in my prayers!
Don't worry! I'm just so excited for you! Oh my goodness! Happy day.
Post a Comment